Thank you TravelingSaurus for nominating me for my very own Liebster award!
For those of you who don’t know, here are the Liebster Award Rules:
- Write a blog post thanking the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
- Nominate 10 bloggers of our own, with under 600 followers, who you think are awesome and deserving of this honor.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
- List these rules in your post.
Now, here are the questions given to me by TravelingSaurus:
1. What’s your traveling style? I.e. luxury? Affordable luxury? Backpacking? Glampacking? Your own unique style?
I am definitely a backpacker. Mostly this is due to budget and lack of fashion sense needed to be a glampacker.
2. How do you finance your traveling habit/lifestyle?
I have been working a full time as an executive assistant at a finance company in NYC. Plus, I usher at a Broadway theater at night and do some freelance writing and editing. This is all to save for my upcoming RTW trip. I hope one day, I can pay the bills with only my writing.
3. What city or town would you move to if you had to pick one?
I think that one day I will actually “settle down” in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is a pretty wonderful up-and-coming city near where I grew up with a pretty healthy theater scene without the price tag of New York. Plus, it is close to my only brother, Shawn, who’s a pretty awesome sibling that knows where all the best bars are.
4. Do you have one piece of travel gear that you just can’t live without?
About a year ago, I won a Camelbak daypack in a raffle. It sat in my closet unused until a couple of weeks ago. I finally started using it and I love it! It is the perfect size to fit all of my daily necessities without being as bulky as my backpack and now I don’t have to carry a water bottle when I hike.
Other than that, I always follow Douglas Adams’ advice: Always Carry a Towel.
5. How many continents have you been to? Do you want to see them all?
Does the Asian side of Istanbul count as being on a different continent? If so, then I’ve been on 3 continents. I do want to visit them all eventually.
6. Pick something that makes you nervous when you travel.
I would say I am a very skilled solo traveler in big cities with public transportation. However, when I have to drive, I would rather have someone with me to navigate. Also, I can only drive an automatic car, so I have a fear of getting stuck with a manual.
7. What’s the best local beer you’ve ever had (or wine, if you aren’t a beer drinker)?
I’m a big fan of SingleCut near my apartment in Astoria, New York. It is delicious. And the brewery is also located on my street, which is a big plus.
8. What’s your one sentence opinion on selfies in sensitive cultural or historical places?
Don’t take them! Why is everyone obsessed with taking pictures of themselves? Selfies are appropriate for clubs/bars and other places where you are out with your friends. They are also appropriate for solo travelers in certain locations. Please do not show up at the 9/11 Museum in Manhattan and start taking selfies.
9. Do you prefer history museums or art museums?
History. I become very antsy in art museums and can barely last an hour in them.
10. What is your number one dream destination that you haven’t been to (yet)?
Macchu Picchu. It’s cliché, I know. But it’s one place I’ve been dying to visit since I was a kid. Someday soon I will make it there.
11. Are you pretty content with your current blog, or are you always thinking/itching/looking to do a revision, update, or tweak?
I’m always looking at other blogs and figuring out what I like/don’t like. My blog is still pretty new so there is a lot of tweaking to go!
- The Sunshine Traveller
- A Thousand Miles
- Breakfast Included
- How This Crow Flies
- MIgrating Bird
- Single-Serving Friends
- The Jess-Setters Guide
- Ever Changing Scenery
- Tez Was Here
- Where In the World is Nina?
- What is your favorite method of travel (i.e. train, boat, plane, car) and why?
- What “unnecessary” item do you always take with you when you travel?
- What is the best thing you’ve even eaten and where?
- What is your go-to TV show or movie when you are having a tough day?
- What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
- Do you always carry a map or guidebook with you, or do you prefer to get lost while traveling?
- Do you prefer warm weather or cold weather traveling?
- When was a time that someone was unexpectedly kind to you?
- What is your favorite place to visit and why?
- What first inspired you to travel?
- What is your favorite quote/saying?